There are different ways customers learn about your business. Some will find you through referrals, others will walk into your physical store, while others will find you through social media or your website. More and more, people are accustomed to finding and buying things online and having a website with a poor design may do you more harm than good.
Often I find my clients think of a website as a brochure. Create, set and forget. Often it’s a do it yourself website to launch the business. Done is better than perfect and launching your website is a great step, but sadly, it won’t do you any good if your website is unresponsive and underperforms. Your customers may end up feeling frustrated, or might not even find you, heading to your competitors website instead.
A quality website can really make a difference in attracting and helping your customer make a decision. With proper web design, you give a good first impression to customers, boost trust between you and your customer and make it easier for them to make their purchasing decision.
Once you have enough cash flow coming in, one of your top priorities should be to invest in professional web design to ensure your website is working for you and your customers.
Common Web Design Mistakes to Avoid
If you are going to create a website yourself, knowing some common web design mistakes can show you what NOT to do. Here are some mistakes that you should avoid:
- Hard to find contact information on your website. This is crucial because some customers would like to speak to your team first before pushing through with a purchase, so make sure your contact information is on high traffic landing pages. Ensure your phone numbers and email addresses are clickable.
- DIY websites are gaining popularity, and if you are going to create a website yourself make sure you have covered the basics. Do some research – find out what platform is right for you, follow website checklists like this one to make sure you have everything covered. If it becomes too hard, contact a hire professional web design services to ensure that your site gives a professional look. Here are some tips on hiring a professional web designer.
- Content is king, but too much content can hurt your business. When you have an overload of content, you may end up straying away from the actual core of your site—your brand, products, and services. Text and pages that are too wordy, too long, too much waffle, will have people switching off in no time.
- People rely on feedback from other users, don’t forget to add a feedback or testimonial’s on your site. Not having testimonials decreases trustworthiness. Clients may think that your products or services are not credible.
- Not putting a spotlight on you and your team. People want to know who you are. What your story is. Why you started your business and who is on your team.
How Much Does It Cost You?
You should know that:
- 57% of users won’t recommend a business if they have poor desktop and mobile web design;
- 85% of users think that mobile sites should perform better than desktop sites;
- 38% of users don’t engage with a brand if content and web design is unattractive;
- 88% of users won’t return to a website if they have a poor experience;
- 75% of users judge the credibility of the company based on their web design;
The Bottom Line: Investing in Proper Web Design Can Do Loads for Your Business
Excellent web design can boost the integrity of your website, it makes sense to work with a professional web designer, even if it is just to have an audit performed. services to enhance the appearance and performance of your site. Following proper website design fundamentals, you will improve all the key numbers will start to rise – traffic, leads and conversions!
How Can I Help You?
Plinkit offers website design building and WordPress training in the Sunshine Coast, QLD. If your small business is looking for professional web design services in Queensland, connect with me today!