A website isn’t a set and forget project
For it to keep ranking on Google, remain current and perform the best it needs to be updated and maintained.
An outdated website looks unprofessional. It can repel customers, they may think your business is closed due to incorrect information, they may think you are sloppy or not worth contacting, maybe they can’t find the information they need or worse, waste both yours and your clients time with them having to ring you to find out the information they could have easily found on your website
But, updating a website costs money and takes time. This is where learning to make the changes yourself can be a huge help, saving you time and money. Undertaking some WordPress Training can reduce the headache of having to find and book in a website developer, or worse, spending hours Googling and trying to figure out how to update a website on your own.
Website Changes that may be required
It’s pretty easy to pop up a notice on Facebook to update your customers of any changes but what if a visitor finds you via google? If they jump on your website and the information is outdated, this isn’t a good look for your business.
There are also few essential maintenance tasks that need to be performed to any website – this is to prevent hacking and to ensure the website doesn’t “break.” Other changes “enhance” your website, making it more appealing to customers, Google and hopefully bring your more clients. Some of these changes include:
- Maintenance – WordPress websites – plugins need to be updated on a regular basis
- Pricing – products, services and events need to be current. Have you changed your products? Have you changed your services?
- Essential Information – Trading hours, contact information, team members
- Reviews – Portfolios and testimonials
- Blogs – for SEO (search engine optimisation/google rankings) and to keep customers updated with different things happening in your business
- Other Changes – Small changes you can make to your website for a big impact
You can outsource those website changes to your designer, a virtual assistant or a website developer. But that can be pricey, and it can also take time. You may have to wait days or weeks for it to be changed.
WordPress Websites are easy to make changes
Why wait? If you are looking to make changes to your website yourself there are a number of ways to learn. There are numerous tutorials on youtube, Facebook groups and blog articles. I have written an article here on how to get better at WordPress which has a comprehensive list of resources.
Learning yourself via Google is a perfectly respectable way to learn. You will learn and get better this way, however, it will take you a lot of time. You will spend hours watching things that aren’t relevant and not helpful. Sometimes it can take a lot of time to find the exact video you are after. It is much easier if you have a mentor to help steer you in the right direction.
Benefits of learning WordPress
- Saving Time
- Saving Money
- Develop new skills
- Add more value to your business – understand WordPress and be able to explain to your designer and developer
- Implement changes immediately
What my WordPress Training Sessions Include:
- Training Notes
- Zoom and Live Training (face-face Sunshine Coast Queensland)
- Training on your website
- Training on my dummy website (so you don’t risk errors)
Some examples of what we can discuss in a Training Session
- How to purchase a domain and set up hosting
- Website hosting advice
- How to use WordPress or other platforms (Wix, Squarespace, Kajabi, Shopify etc)
- How to set up email for your domain
- A tour of WordPress
- How to update and maintain your website plugins
- What to do if something goes wrong
- How to safely backup your website
- How to make your website secure from hackers
- How to speed up your website
- What things are important to know when making changes to your website – image compression, revisions
- Different page builders – Elementor, Divi, etc
- Ideas for how to improve your WordPress skills.
- Ideas to learn WordPress as a skill – for virtual assistance and freelancers
WordPress Training Sessions are One Hour
Each session is one hour and includes:
Answer some questions prior to our sessions. This will ensure I know exactly what you need prior to our session and have all the training notes and handouts ready.
Worksheets and Training Notes
Based on the initial questionnaire, I will provide you with training notes and templates on how to perform certain tasks, such as update plugins for example. Includes all documents shown to you in the session.
Links to Valuable Resources
I have over 5 years of collected resources for all things website related. I will include any links to websites, plugins or groups that I have mentioned that might be useful for you.
Recorded Zoom Call
All zoom calls can be recorded and supplied to you for future reference.
- Face to Face WordPress Training on the Sunshine Coast QLD are available
- If you are on the Sunshine Coast, QLD and prefer a face to face meeting this can be arranged. I am based at Shelly Beach Caloundra.
Benefits of using me as your WordPress Training Guide
- 5 years WordPress & Website Experiences
- I have worked on hundreds of websites with all different types of sets ups and hosts
- Lots of great reviews (see Facebook, Google, LinkedIn or my website portfolio)
- I have extensive experience training others in software – I have conducted training sessions to the general public, Corporate and Government Departments
- I have a Bachelor in Marketing and an MBA – I know websites and I know the business so I train you with your business in mind. Making things easier for you and your business – making the tech work for you.
With a little support and direction, you will increase your confidence, skills and be making changes to your own website in no time.
“She made the whole process as simple as possible for me and went above and beyond for me”